Saturday, August 27, 2005

T.V. Training

I am not much of a T.V. guy because most of it these days is targeted towards women. Shows like 'Yes Dear', 'The King of Queens', and 'Everybody Loves Raymond' all depict men as total morons that could not survive without a woman to guide them. And it's not just those shows, there are many, many more. These shows are totally designed to entertain women.

But why stop there? Even the commercial breaks are filled with content depicting men as helpless fools. Last nite I was watching a little T.V. and one of the commercials made me sit up and take notice. In it is a father obviously charged with taking care of the kids for the day. In this commercial he's a total idiot, and his four or five year old daughter keeps letting him know it by saying 'that's not how mom does it'. In the end he heats up some frozen dinners and the little queen in training says 'at least you got one thing right'.

Offended? You're damn right I am. I vote with my dollars and I'll tell you, I will not spend money with companies that demean us that way.

Want to make a difference? If you see a commercial that is anti-male, write the company a letter or an email. Tell them that they won't be getting any of your hard earned cash as long as they continue these types of campaigns. If enough of us take our money elsewhere, they'll listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home